Okay, okay… I said I’d tell you today who would be receiving my LOL (you crack me up!) awards. If you want to know what “power has been vested in me” that gives me the authority to bestow said awards, then check out Tuesday’s post. If you took the time to read that post, you would know that this award goes to the blogs that consistently make me smile enough that sound comes out; that’s right, people, the ones that make me laugh. I decided I want to celebrate those happy spots in the bloggerverse.
So, let’s get to it.
Drumroll, please (think, National Lampoon Christmas Vacation when Clark is about to connect the Christmas lights)……..
1. Opinionated Mommy– This is the blog I mentioned and linked to in my original post, so some of you may have already checked out her blog. If you haven’t, you have to read her story of getting trapped in the Christmas tree. Need I say more?
2. Erica’s Ark– This blog is by a mom who has two daughters, one of whom I’m sure is my son, Spencer, in disguise. She regularly cracks me up because I can TOTALLY relate to an awful lot of what goes on with Spencer… I mean, Charlotte.
3. Almost Fearless– Christine Gilbert is a travel writer who lives abroad with her husband and young son. Her blog has lots of intelligent, well written information, and she makes me laugh with the way she says it. Even if you have no intentions to travel in Southeast Asia, you’ll enjoy her blog… the bonus part is there are wonderful pictures too!
4. The MisGuided Parent– The first post I read from this blog was called “How I Decided to Become a Parent- Babies are REALLY Easy to Impress.” I laughed out loud and had to read parts to my husband. I love the frank and funny approach this couple has to their impending parenthood.
5. ListfulThinking– I don’t even know how to describe this blog. As the author, Stephanie, says “this blog is an experiment in listing.” Based on her blog I don’t even know what that means! Her blog has no real theme other than just whatever she happens to want to talk about… which she does “funnily.”
I’ve let these people know that I think they are a crack up and if they’d like to, they can “stick it in their blogs”… the LOL Award button, I mean. They can display it proudly on their blogs. If they choose to accept this mission, they will then follow the instructions below (from Tuesday’s post) and pass on the laughs. If they choose not to, I can only assume they will be struck by lightning.
1. Post the LOL (laugh out loud, for you non-texters out there) badge on your blog
2. Write a post that includes the following:
a. a thank you to the person who gave you the award (include a link to their blog)
b. a clean joke or limerick (just look one up and copy it into your post if you don’t know one- it can even be a knock knock joke!)
c. a list of five other blogs (linked) that you’re giving the award to- so we can find more laughs
3. Notify the five other blogs that you’ve given them the award and explain to them that they need to copy and paste these instructions on their blog… and complete them
Make sure they know how to do the whole badge/award thing. Here are easy instructions:
To add the badge to your site:
Copy this code and paste it into an HTML widget (called a Text widget on WordPress) or into your blog using the HTML setting.
Copy and paste the code below into an image widget.
then link it to this address:
On a final note, here is my *lame attempt at a joke:
Dwayne the bathtub, I’m dwowning.